Latitude 17N

Tuesday, April 19, 2005


Last night we made a campfire on the beach and ate hot dogs, pasta salad and s'mores. For those who don't like s'mores there were lots of toasted marshmallows. We had a great time with the LaPray's and our surrogate grandparents who are visiting from Utah. They are really nice people (Brian's parents). All was great until we decided to all go for a walk and Julian went to find his favorite stick. Julian has been collecting sticks for months. He finds them wherever he goes and finally found the perfect stick. It was very special to him and he took it wherever he went. It had handles on both ends. Well as we were gathering fire wood (I'm sure you can see where this story is headed) I told him to put it over by our stuff. He put it near a big stump where all of our shoes were. As we were getting ready for the walk he ran over to get his stick and it was gone. Poor Janet found what she thought was the perfect piece of fire wood and tossed it into the fire. Not only had he lost his favorite stick but one of his favorite people had to tell him that she tossed it in the fire and it was burned! He broke down and sobbed. It was so sad. For Julian and Janet too. She felt so bad. He finally got over it and hopefully today we can find another perfect stick down at the scary beach. Earlier in the day I went to town to stock up on my chicken supply. The only boneless chicken you can buy here is by the case. So I get a case of 6 oz breasts every so often. I went in to get it and it usually costs me 124.00EC so I had my money out and the lady said it was 90.00EC. So I repeated that and she said "Yes, is that ok?" And I told her no problem! That sounds just fiiiiiiine to me! I got my chicken and high tailed it out of there before they noticed their mistake. So I saved 34.00EC which is about 12 or 13 US dollars. Not bad. They are so rude in that store. They never say hi unless you do first. And they never say thank you. I always say thank you before I leave and they just say you're welcome. Like it is your privilege to be shopping with them. And that is the largest grocery store here on Nevis. It's about 2 1/2 times the size of Jerry's Variety in Exeter.  Posted by Hello

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home