Latitude 17N

Sunday, October 11, 2009

Oktoberfest





Yesterday we went to the Oktoberfest celebration at Attitash/Bear Peak. It was not a huge event but big enough to be fun. There was a tent set up with beers from 10 or so local breweries along with bratwurst and other German foods and a band dressed in lederhosen. Pretty funny sight in and of itself! There were plenty of activities for the kids including a rock wall, bungie trampoline, bounce house and a craft tent with face painting etc. I am happy that Julian is still at an age where he is entertained by these kinds of activities. Although it was a very cold day it was fun and the beer was yummy. My favorite was the Tuckerman Headwall Brown Ale. I usually go for the pale ales but the guy behind the keg gave me a sample of the Headwall and I was hooked. It was very light and flavorful and I liked it best. Plus the guy was one of the more personable keg tenders and I tend to gravitate toward givers of good service! OH, I almost forgot...did you see the pictures of where we put the kids during Oktoberfest? Only $0.75!!! LOL...just kidding...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home