Latitude 17N

Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Thunder Chicken 5K in Portsmouth, NH

Last Thursday, Julian and I were entered into the Thunder Chicken 5k in Portsmouth, NH. The race started at 6:00 pm and I told Julian to run at his own pace because if he runs with me I'll slow him down. I told him to just stay in the pack and follow the crowd. There was no way he could get lost. During the first couple of minutes of the race, I could see him up ahead a few hundred feet. Every minute that passed, the distance got bigger. Finally, after about 10 minutes, I couldn't see him at all. I was running at an ok pace for me and was happy with my 27:22 finish. When I crossed the finish line I heard Julian call my name. I asked him how he did and he said he wasn't sure, but thought he had been waiting for me for a couple of minutes. We got a snack and waited for the results sheets to be posted. Julian was 5th in his age group of 14 and under, with a 24:52 finish. That's an 8 minute mile! He did so awesome. I was so impressed with him. We celebrated with a trip to Salisbury Beach for some pizza and fried dough! He deserved it...what an amazing race!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home