Latitude 17N

Sunday, December 11, 2005

Our Nevis Christmas Tree



We wanted to show some Christmas spirit in our neighborhood so we decorated this tree the other day. At that time we noticed a small nest in the branches of the tree. You might be able to see a little bit of it near the 5th set of branches down. Julian was out there playing today and came in all excited and told me he had something for me to see. He took my hand and pulled me outside and showed me what he found. The nest has a baby bird in it. He was walking around out there like he was the proud father. It was so cute. I told him we should keep the lights off so as not to disturb the baby and the mothers efforts to feed her baby. I told him to keep an eye on it to see if the mother was still coming back into the nest. I was afraid that we might have scared her off for good with the lights and everything. But she is still coming in and feeding the little bird. Julian then came in and built his own little nest in his bed out of his blankets and pillows. Very creative!

1 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home