Latitude 17N

Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Hi Cindy, Mom and all my other faithful followers...

Haha. I think you two are really my only faithful followers! I tried to update my blog last week and got a strange error that I have never seen before. I tried to edit the post and still got the error. I thought it might be a glitch so I tried again later but still got the same thing. So...I was going to post some old pictures but for some reason it won't let me. Now I am just rambling on. Julian is having a better time at school. I keep telling him he needs to get phone numbers for kids so he can have kids over to play. So far he has zero phone numbers for friends and the school here doesn't publish a nice phone book like they do in Kensington so I have no idea where to find these kids. We recently got an addition to our household and Julian has a roommate. Our friend Chris is here for a couple of months while he finishes up clinicals. The house he was living in got damaged by Gustav so we were happy to put him up. We rearranged Julian's room to accommodate them both and it is working out well. Julian is happy to have a "big brother" here for a while. Chris brought him a present for his birthday...a Nerf assault weapon. They have both been having fun with that. Chris says that when he is through taking his Step 2 test he is going to buy himself a Nerf weapon so they can have a real war. Aside from that Jaime has been working in the ER this week. He is getting paid! He got hired on and can work when he can so it will be good to have some cash coming in. I am still plugging away at my medical transcription course. Today I will finally finish the first grouping of my transcription. It has taken me a long time to finish it. Now I am moving into intermediate transcription and then I'll have to do advanced. I have been putting in a lot of hours doing that, sitting in front of this screen, typing away. That is another reason I have not been updating much. I am tired of typing! Next week my parents arrive for a long weekend. That will be fun. We are going to have dinner here in Houma the first night they are here and then we'll spend some time here in Houma on Friday before we head up to Jen's to see Jacquelyn in her marching band show at the homecoming game. The next day we are going to cook oysters at Jen's house but not sure how we are going to fill up the day. Sunday night we eat at Commander's Palace and spend some time in the city on Monday. Julian will skip school that day. He was supposed to have it off but now it is one of the many makeup days from the hurricane. So, not exciting around here. The weather is the best thing we have going around here these days. It has been in the low 80's and dry. That is the perfect combination in my opinion. That's it!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home