Latitude 17N

Tuesday, February 07, 2006

Mid-Winter Slump???

Well...it's been soggy here in the middle of the ocean. We have just gotten through our 3rd weekend in a row of wet rainy weather. On Sunday I met some friends at the pool just to get out and the kids pretty much played in the rain while we hung undercover and ate. Julian just needed to get out with some kids being that our beach day that week was rained out and horseback riding was cancelled that week too. Our weeks have not been great either with not many consecutive hours for drying clothes. Not fun at all. I really don't have much to say and it looks like most of the other people who's blogs I watch are having the same mid-winter slump because they aren't updating either. So...just thought I would let everyone know that there isn't much exciting going on here in Nevis. I was happy to hear that my friend Tracey on her honeymoon in Jamaica had good weather and a great time. So the bad weather is not Caribbean wide. As a matter of fact on Saturday it was a black cloud pretty much hovering over my house. I left in the early afternoon to go to the store and got a mile away before the sun was shining down hard. I went all the way around the island until I got to Oualie Beach (a few miles away, where we wanted to go that day) and the clouds were thick and it was raining. So...not sure what is up with that! I have been out riding my bike more than usual which will help with the triathlon and swimming very little which will not help. It has been so cloudy that I know the water must be cold too and don't dare to get in! Tomorrow is beach day so I'm keeping my fingers crossed for good weather.

1 Comments:

  • Cheer up! It will clear up soon. I guess I missed the 'rainy season there! Talk about depressing.. oh well, we had a bit of snow in memphis!

    By Blogger drdubg, at 3:02 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home