Latitude 17N

Friday, October 14, 2005

Lord Nelson Triathlon

Tomorrow is the Lord Nelson Triathlon here in Nevis. I am going to enter the race even though I am a bit un-prepared. I still think I'll finish but not sure how I will do. I'm not sure how many people will be in it either. Jaime is going to enter too as well as Andrew LaPray. For Andrew it will be the first big event of this kind in his life. He is 13 and he is doing the tri a tri. It is a mini triathlon. He'll do a 250m swim, 5k bike and a 3k run. I think he will do very well. The big race is a sprint which is a 750m swim, 15k bike and a 5k run. That is the one we are doing. It is the same distance as the last race although I'm not sure if the bike leg is the same. It might be a bit shorter which is just FINE with me. Jaime and I are renting a couple of road bikes so we can get a better time on this one. Hopefully it will work. So wish me luck. Oh by the way, Lord Nelson is some well known British admiral who is most famous for his role in the Battle of Trafalgar where he lost his life. I wonder if he would be as famous if he hadn't died. Anyway, I'll write more after the race.

2 Comments:

  • I might manage the 5K bike and run, but I could never swim the 750! Good luck. I recall the days I was in shape like that, but swimming has always been a terrible weakness. Hope the waves are cooperative! Go Jamie too!

    By Blogger drdubg, at 6:48 AM  

  • You go girl!

    By Blogger Dr. Dusti, at 9:33 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home