Latitude 17N

Friday, October 07, 2005

White Sox

Well it looks like I will be routing for the White Sox for the rest of the season. I am very sad to see the Red Sox end their year but if any team deserves to win it's the White Sox. I am hoping the Yankees will be out in this series but I have a feeling they will be playing the White Sox soon. Either way I hope the White Sox go on to win the World Series this year.

On another note. We had a nice dinner party last night over here. Steve Szabo, Nick Martin and Bombay came over for baked stuffed tufoli. If you don't know what that is I'll explain it to you. It is rigatoni stuffed with a ground beef and covered with a fennel tomato sauce. It is really good and a lot of work because you have to stuff all of those little tube shaped pastas. I was cooking pretty much all day. I had started the night before preparing the meat and a meatless dish that was going to feed a vegetarian who could not make it. We'll eat that tomorrow. I also made my brother Chris' apple crisp. I had found the recipe on a piece of paper in my address book and knew that his recipe is the best. It was yummy. For appetizers I made beer bread with dill dip and had a cheese and grapes platter. It was quite fancy for Nevis. It is always fun for me to have adults come over for food and conversation.

I'm not sure what our weekend will bring. The satellite is showing a lot of moisture up there but hopefully I will be able to get out and hang at the beach for a bit tomorrow. There is a tropical wave to the east of us so I will be watching that for the next day or so. There is also another weather disturbance that apparently is not tropical whatever that means so it's looking like some rain is headed our way. We'll just keep our fingers crossed that none of it turns into Katrina's brother or sister. That would be bad. But who knows maybe you'll see me real soon if that happens. Haha, just kidding...maybe. I just jinxed myself...I better go knock on wood.

2 Comments:

  • Yea, I kind of new the RSox didn't have it this year. Sorry about that, but I do hope the Angels take out the Yanks! I am for the NL, so first choice is Braves, second would be Cards. I should have taken advantage of your cooking while I was there, but I have never been much for social situations and "chit-chat" so I have tended to avoid those situations. I still admire you for making the best of Nevis! Jamie is lucky! As is Julian. Yeah Nevis!

    By Blogger drdubg, at 10:48 AM  

  • I meant to type "knew" not "new"

    By Blogger drdubg, at 10:49 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home