Latitude 17N

Friday, March 17, 2006

Uneventful week

Well this has not been a very exciting week to write about. Monday I was so tired from the triathlon that I sat as much as I could. I had to constantly stretch my legs which were so tired. I had to return my movies one of which mysteriously stopped half way through so I told the lady and told her she might want to try it on her dvd player but she told me that they were broken into and their dvd player was stolen along with all the ones they had for sale. So my problem didn't seem so much like a problem anymore. But I did get a credit. Tuesday...boiled up some black beans and made some burritos. Wednesday...beach day and horseback riding day. I went for a run during horseback riding and did some shopping afterwards for Thursday. Thursday...had a couple of friends over for dinner. Chicken enchiladas, home made salsa, walking taco, rice and home made refried black beans. That was fun. The meat man also stopped by with a freezer full of meat for me. Yay! Today, was shopping day. It took a few hours to get all that done. We also went to the library and found that our favorite Peace Corps worker, Lora, has started working at the library we go to so we chatted with her for a while. She is really interesting and funny and good to talk to. Then later today we had our friend Lily stop by to buy some of our meat. Visited with her for a while which was fun. She is here with her husband who is a student at the school. They don't have kids so she has found lots of things to keep herself busy. Tutoring, yoga, tennis and she also made some friends at the Four Seasons and sometimes gets to golf over there for free! It is nice to see that she is making a life for herself while she is here. Some people don't get out to do that. OK and that is it for now. Have a fun weekend!

2 Comments:

  • Sounds like a nice relaxing week! Brian went on a "four hour" hike with Gordon Avery, which turned into an eight hour event. He has the sunburn to prove it too! LOL

    By Blogger Dr. Dusti, at 6:31 PM  

  • You have the perfect personality for "survival" on Nevis! Glad to see you have adapted so well. Going to be difficult for you to get used to life in the "fast lane" again?

    By Blogger drdubg, at 4:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home