Latitude 17N

Monday, May 29, 2006

A Week Gone By...

Last week was a busy one for us. We got a call on Wednesday morning from Elizabeth who needed someone to watch her daughter Hannah for the day. It was beach day and horse back riding day for us which is a light school day so I agreed to take her. Julian gets along great with her so it was a fun day for them. They played and read a lot all day. Elizabeth had a meeting after work so she was late getting back here to get Hannah so she had dinner with us too. She was a good guest and seemed to have a lot of fun.

On Friday it was our anniversary. 7 years!!! Wow, that's a lot of time that has gone by really quickly. And we've done a lot of things in those 7 years. I was going to make taquitos for dinner but I got busy cleaning out our air conditioner which took HOURS to get all the nasty build up off the inner fan roller. I'm so glad I cleaned it out because it looked really gross once I noticed it. Jaime got out of school early so the surprise of the dinner that I was going to make would have been ruined so we decided to go out to dinner instead. We went to Mango and it was really good. Jaime downloaded a movie onto his PDA for Julian to watch. When we got there it was very quiet. There were two other parties in there and that was it. There was a little girl playing on the rocks and Julian went over to play with her. All of a sudden she came up to me real close and looked me in the eye and said "Do you remember my mother...Loretta?" It was so weird. And I looked at her and recognized her as Lily a little girl that was here over a year ago. She used to do horse back riding with Julian. They left shortly after the semester began and we didn't ever know why. She left for the weekend for something and I never asked her why figuring it was probably something personal and I didn't know her very well. And they never came back. It was so weird to see her. She is thinking of going back to school and is taking the week to come back here and see if it's what she really wants to do and see if it will work out. She lived in a really nice villa on the property of a woman that she met when she first got here. We were sad to see them go because Julian and Lily were like twins separated at birth. They got along so well and he really missed her once she left. So...dinner was good. We had a nice time over there and on the way home we stopped by the Conways and had a drink and chatted with them. They are so funny. We really enjoy hanging out with them. We all sat on the porch and gossiped and joked around.

On Saturday Elizabeth asked if Julian could come over to play for the day. I was happy to oblige. I got the day to myself. We cleaned out the car and cleaned the house in the morning. In the afternoon I met with Jeanne Lash (Professor and wife of the dean of MUA). She wants to start running and needed some advice and motivation so we set up a schedule to follow to get her back into shape. We'll be getting together twice a week to run together and she'll do some on her own too. Then I went for a bike ride...in the rain. It was fun but I was a bit slow since I haven't been out on the bike for a long time. Then I went to go get Julian and came home and made dinner and watched Bee Season which was a very weird movie.

On Sunday we had brunch at the Turners with the Conway family in the morning. In the afternoon I went over to Oualie with Heidi and the kids and spent the day in the water. It was a beautiful day. Julian swam the buoys like a champion and I did some laps as well. And now it's Monday. In a few minutes we are going to pick up Holly from the car fix it place (notice I don't say car fix it shop...because people don't have shops here they just have an area or a place).

Update on our birds...they flew the coop unnoticed. Either that or something got them. I don't know how long it takes for them to mature enough to fly but 5 days didn't seem like enough. And that's that.

1 Comments:

  • Hey girl!

    Sounds like you had a nice week! We will be leaving the continental U.S. soon to be arriving in your neck of the woods! We are so excited that we cannot stand it. I ran 5 miles in 50 minutes Sunday and 3.5 today in the rain in 35.45! My legs are wobbly - LOL. Brian told me about Jaime's new glasses - pretty cool! Tell Julian "hi" and we will see you guys soon!

    By Blogger Dr. Dusti, at 9:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home