Latitude 17N

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

Julian's First Day of School



Julian started 3rd grade at Lyn Jeffers Primary School in Nevis last week. His teacher's name is Mrs. Maynard. She is a Nevisian who has been teaching for a long time. Our friend Sarah's son Alex had her for 3rd grade two years ago and they really like her. She seems to have a pretty good handle on the class and Julian was happy to find that there was no "whoopin' stick" in the class room. He has homework every night (I thought home school was over!!!) Tonight he had to answer a couple of questions in social studies, do two math pages and write a book report for extra credit. He loves science because he has Dr. Marybeth Ellison who he loves. She is also a professor at the medical U. She's great. She is also president of the board for the Lyn Jeffers school. She is the one speaking to the students at assembly on the first day of school. They gather for assembly every morning. I just asked Julian what they do in assembly and he said they...talk about god...(we have to remember that we are in the caribbean) and they sing songs. Haha. I'm surprised he hasn't had any questions about the god talk but I'm glad he hasn't because we all know how defficient I am in that area. He said he doesn't really pay attention to that part. I guess he gets that from me. Anyway, that is about it from here. I am busy with my online classes and trying to get things done around the house. Happily enjoying our Sirius Satellite radio that we brought back with us. It's the best investment we ever made. And a small one at that...78.00 at Sams Club. No more ghetto style reggae! It works at our house but not in the car. It works most of the time at the house but sometimes fades in and out. It's so nice though. We have Elvis all day, Margaritaville, 60's, 70's, 80's, jazz, blues, country, Discovery, Martha Stewart and Howard Stern to name a few. There are about 150 stations. A little bit of everything for everyone. I don't think the neighbors would like it if I cranked out the Howard Stern though. haha. I think I might get hauled to the Prison Farm if I did that! I'll try to update more often. Ta-ta.

1 Comments:

  • Sounds like Julian is getting in the swing of things at school. Is that Autumn in the front with Elizabeth? If so, she doesn't look very happy. If not, she still doesn't look very happy!

    By Blogger Dr. Dusti, at 10:15 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home