Latitude 17N

Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Stratham Fair





This past weekend was the annual Stratham Fair. We were supposed to go on Friday night but we got some nasty thunderstorms and rain and they closed down the fair for the night. On Saturday I ran the Stratham Fair 5.7 miler with my cousin Mariann who was in town visiting from Colorado. She is the one I moved out to Colorado with in 1995. We ran the Bolder Boulder together in 96. She has just started running again and biking so I kept with her pace and we finished in one hour and 5 minutes. At around the first mile mark she said "what is that cop car doing behind us, why is he following us?" And I said "Well...that would be because we're last, yup, we're pulling up the rear." She laughed and we soon passed the two women who were in front of us so that we didn't finish last. We were 3rd and 4th from last but it was fun and I got my exercise in for the day.

On Saturday afternoon we went to a lobster feed at Mariann's brother Johnny's house which was a lot of fun. We had some drinks and ate some lobster and lots of other food. They had a blow up water slide that the kids played on all afternoon so they had a great time too. Julian got to hang out with some cousins that he has never really played with before since they live far away too.

On Sunday we went to the fair and spent about 70.00 on NOTHING! The rides are ridiculously over priced and the games were 2.00 a play. Julian won a little stuffed toy really quick so we didn't spend much money on that. He had a great time though going on the rides with Paige and cousins Molly and Brennan.

I'll post pictures later...it doesn't seem to want to let me do it right now.

3 Comments:

  • Well, tell the truth girl, do you miss Nevis yet? Enjoy your time here!

    By Blogger drdubg, at 4:29 PM  

  • Jaime told us last night at dinner that Julian was so busy that he hadn't talked to him since you've been gone. I can see why! Have fun at home. We are close behind you - only 7 days.

    By Blogger Dr. Dusti, at 7:02 AM  

  • Oh, and I actually had corn-on-the cob at Mango!

    By Blogger Dr. Dusti, at 7:02 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home